Wednesday, May 4, 2011

NBC Consumer Relations

Since NBC Universal is owned by GE and Comcast it has to deal with alot of different consumers. Also, NBC owns several other large networks, channels and websites that all appeal to different demographics. There is no information on the NBC Universal website that speaks of consumer relations.

At my internship at Oxygen, I asked my boss about consumer relations based on her experience of being a page for NBC for the past year. She said that when consumers call the number to get on NBC studio tours and to get tickets to SNL, Jimmy Fallon, etc, it will first bring the customer to a simple introduction. When you press a number, it will give you all the information that you need to know. Then if you still want to speak with a representative, you are transferred right away. I called the NBC studio tours calling center. The automated messaging system was easy to follow and I was directed to a friendly NBC employee who set me up a tour quickly. I was pleased with the performance of that division of NBC consumer relations.

No comments:

Post a Comment