Sunday, March 13, 2011

Stubhub Customer Service

For this assignment, I chose Stubhub because I actually needed to talk to the company in terms of a customer service issue. I am a frequent user of Stubhub and bought tickets for an event like I always do. However, this time after the 48 hour wait for my confirmation, the seller never confirmed. I had to call the 1800 number.

I waited for about 15 minutes after pressing 0 to speak to a representative. The experience was fantastic. I was asked relevant questions regarding my purchase. The rep was apologetic and even offered me a $30 "fan code" for my next purchase. The total conversation was about 10 minutes and the rep gave my his name and information.

If I have another issue with Stubhub, I wouldn't mind calling back again because the issue was resolved in a very timely manner.

No comments:

Post a Comment